Thursday 28 February 2008

Talking about Crime….

Hurrah for the lighter mornings!! I have started getting up at 7.30ish and seem to have more energy and enthusiasm than I have had for a long while. Have I done any writing yet? Well, my submission to the Debut Dagger has gone and I have been sorting through all the ‘ideas’ and notes I have been making over the last few months.

We had a meeting of the ‘Poison Pens’ on Saturday where I read out part of my Entry for the Dagger and then realized what was wrong with it! I don’t mind. I know it’s not perfect but writing the synopsis was the best thing I have done this year in terms of the novel. One thing that did come out at the meeting was the idea of Get it Written, then get it Right!!

Had a wonderful day on Monday when I took one writing friend to meet another – the second one having worked as part of the National Crime Squad. This meant the morning consisted of talking about both crime and writing and I was so stimulated and motivated that when I got back I began planning the next few months. I’ve got to be serious about completing this novel - I’ve told too many people! It isn’t going to get finished by April (which would have been 6 months since the start of this blog) but I do hope it will be completed in the first half of the year!! I had been going to watercolour classes with my auntie and uncle which I have really enjoyed, but I realized I was spreading myself too thin and so have withdrawn from those; freeing up more time for writing!

No comments: