Saturday 21 March 2009

Baby First....

.....or rather my back first. Still rather painful and aggravated by going out Thursday night and sitting in the pub gossiping (good) for 3 hours+ (bad) but of the 10 items on my list I have actually crossed off half of them: Update and Plan Competition entries for next few months, Update Writing ‘How To’ Documents, Update Writers Webpages Document (last updated June 2007), and Read Phil’s 17chapters. I decided against pushing myself to enter the competitions, as although I had already started the entries I was less than pleased with them. Also, while updating my 'Writing' documents I was reminded of the fact I want to finish the novel (any novel) and how long I have been pursuing this dream with little to show for it!! And while I have been not writing my novel, Phil is on his re-write!

As well as these 5 from the list, I also read a Company of Liars by Karen Maitland, and 'The Rough Guide to Blogging' by Jonathan Yang. This has helped me to improve this Blog (and my other one) by adding a 'best of' section.

I have also completed a number of jobs on my Baby List, and been to visit friends and relations, so I can't say I am not happy with what I have done in the last week. However, still 5 items still on my original writing list (although one should actually be on my 'Baby' to do list). Looks like I am going to have more time over the next 4-6 weeks as my back is stopping me doing too much which means I will need to stay at home more.

My aim is to have completed at least 4 out of the 5 this week - back and baby willing....

1 comment:

Rod Duncan said...

Any quick tips you can share from the Rough Guide to Blogging?

I have put a load of time into mine over the years. Wasted time? Instinctively, I do think it is worth it.

I did a gig with Karen Maitland up in Chesterfield last year. I was very impressed with her talk. Really fascinating.