Tuesday 1 June 2010

Just Read.....

The Writer's Tale by Russell T Davies and Benjamin Cook (BBC Books 2008) with regards to their work on Dr Who. Now don't get me wrong, I love the new Dr Who, but Russell T Davies and his bunch really knew Dr Who (and Captain Jack, Torchwood etc.). The new series has different writers and it shows.

I love this book and, although I didn't have time to devour everything as I have just started a bit of writing of my own.....the information given, as well as all the glossy photos, were brilliant! Russell leads us through the actual process of how a script goes from a first draft to a completed piece on the television. He has a lot to say about the job of being a writer and I admire him for his stamina - let alone his prolific amount of ideas. Just don't ask him where he gets all his ideas from. He will say; "The Ideas Shop in Abergavenny!"

He says: 'Writing's inside your head! It's thinking! It's every hour of the day, every day of your life, a constant storm of pictures and voices and sometimes, if you're very, very lucky, insight.'

No comments: