Saturday 22 October 2011

Happy 4th Birthday Blog!!

Today I am still feeling under the weather due to a cold that I seem to have acquired as the temperature outside rapidly drops as winter approaches! I also think this has been brought on as I have been feeling 'run down' lately and trying to do too many things at once. I know I need to be calmer and go with the flow more....

Did I mention that I had joined a book group down the road? Well, I have decided to drop that commitment as I think it is one too many.

And I briefly considered attending to write a novel in a month - 50,000 words in 30 days (see: www.nanowrimo.org/ ) but due to stress levels and time constraints I think I will pass on it this year. While contemplating it however, it did give me an idea for a book, so we shall see!

Since attending the Lindum Scribes in September I have become a member of the group. I feel this is a good thing as the meetings are held locally and the members are a nice bunch. I also continue to attend the Poison Pens who continue to be a great source of inspiration and knowledge. Both groups have a different mix of people so the comments I receive at one regarding a piece may be different from the other group.

I have had a number of ideas lately with regards to themes for poetry and hope to attempt to do some free verse in the near future. Having a toddler means that time has to be found in small amounts and this is more conducive to poetry writing than novel writing (at least for me!).

As I say, time continues to be my main problem. However, I must remember not to push myself so hard, not to try to control everything so much, to use writing as therapy when things get too bad and to Relax!!

No comments: