Monday 10 September 2012

Apologies (again)

Once again I feel really bad as I had to send apologies to the Pimento Poets who met this morning. Mondays and Tuesdays are my day with Jamie and although daddy works shifts, so every other week I can (theoretically) have a morning to myself, this proves quite difficult in practise as these are also the days when we can get things done!  This morning it was cousin Noah's birthday and so I felt really guilty even contemplating not visiting him with Jamie on his birthday.  We did have a 'creative' morning, but it just wasn't poetry!!

I really enjoyed the first meeting of the Pimento Poets I attended and had hoped to become a permanent part of the group, so I hope they understand.  I did send an email to try to explain about 'The Pram In the Hallway' and I attached a copy of my poem - A Mothers Lament, see: http://grumpymumtobe.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/mothers-lament.html which I hope will help to explain my predicament, but also highlight that even through the fog of motherhood I am still serious about my poetry!

No comments: