Wednesday 20 February 2013

Third Pitch...

All fired up after receiving payment for my article in Writing Magazine, I polished another pitch and emailed it this morning.

I then sorted through the huge pile of paper that I have accumulated over the past few weeks while I have been full of a head cold and struggling to think.  Within that pile, are two of the magazines I bought at Christmas that I would like to pitch articles to.  I just need to focus on a specific topic for each of them.  However, writing the pitch today has helped me.

Yesterday, I went shopping and after being dragged into a charity shop, as there was a Maisy book in the window, I found that this particular charity shop sells on old magazines.  I treated myself to December and January's Readers Digest for the grand sum of 10p each.  I was hoping for other magazines, but the rest of the pile seemed to be predominately Woman's Own, Woman's Weekly etc. 

So the plan for the rest of the week is to read, read, read and prepare a couple of draft pitches.....

No comments: