Wednesday 6 March 2013

Bottled It!!

This week I have been trying to give the house a good clean as we have people coming Thursday night and also Sunday.  When I am doing one of my Spring cleans I end up writing a large To Do list of more things to do, but I always feel so much better once the house is sparkling, jobs are done and everything is in its place.

One of the many things on this week's 'To Do' list has been there for a while, and that was to chase up both my pitches.  I had intended to ring them both this morning - as that's what the books say, but after ringing Spirit and Destiny and being told that the line was 'unavailable', I bottled it and sent them an email instead.

This wasn 't entirely wasted however, as about 20 minutes later I received a return email stating that;

Many thanks for contacting us again.

Your original email was forwarded onto the features department who will be in contact with you in due course should the article be of interest.
I gave a big smile - as at least it means I got the right email address - and then sent a similar email to Writing Magazine.  Haven't had a reply from them this morning so far, but still feel excited about Spirit and Destiny.
Have a huge 'To Do' pile at the moment; mostly of my photography stuff.  I have a picture that is to be featured in an exhibition in April / May at The Museum of Lincolnshire Life, so next week I will be devoting my time to that particular pile.  Hopefully, when I come back to writing, there may be a specific feature to finish.  If not, I still have a small pile of 'possible' markets to propose articles for.

No comments: