Saturday 12 April 2014

No Job. No Excuses?

Bit of a whirlwind at the moment.  Not sure whether I am coming or going.  Had a Business briefing on the Thursday to say the company wasn't doing well and there would be 5 redundancies and then on the Monday told it was ME!   It seemed to come out of nowhere.  I managed to stay at work til Wednesday morning when I was 'officially' told I was being made redundant, but after that I had to leave.  It was unbearable sitting at the desk knowing I wasn't wanted. 

I did spend the Monday and Tuesday 'preparing' to leave.  I was able to send stuff home and copy anything that might be useful in my future - job wise.  But I also made damn sure that I was up to date on everything I had been involved with during the last 8 months.  I could not have left it knowing it was a mess!

Probably a bit of an exaggeration, but it feels like a death.  I am struggling to get my head around what to do next.  I have been given a month's 'Garden Leave' but that money will soon be here and gone......Do I clamber to get the first job or aim to start looking after the summer so I can spend it with Jamie.  However, a summer without a job means less money to spend on Jamie!!

My head is spinning and now its the Easter holidays so I won't have a moment to think for another couple of weeks!!

No comments: