Monday 16 December 2019

Gun / Dan Reed Network / FM

Managed to make it out of the house tonight to see three bands who released their albums 30 years ago.  No, I didn't think I was old enough either!!


Luckily (as it was a school night!) our 2 favourite bands played first - GUN - who I first saw approx. 30 years ago at The Duchess of York pub in Leeds (now closed).  These were followed by The Dan Reed Network who, I am sad to say, I never got a chance to see previously.

We stayed for a couple of songs from FM, but they were always a bit too Americana Rock for me (if you understand what I am mean!?).  I did used to have a boyfriend who was MAD about them and I have seen then a number of times, so we decided to disappear.   As we walked around the back of Rock City, who should we meet but Dan Reed.  I was rather star struck and had no idea what to say.  I may have embarrassed myself a little bit, but me and Ann were screaming most of the way home!!

No comments: