Sunday 2 December 2007

Excuses, Excuses...

I know I said 'No Excuses' but I think I just went and burnt myself out!! The NaNoWriters challenge is over and I fell short by 30,000 words!! But I am not going to beat myself up (much) about it as I started a novel and managed to prove to myself that sitting down and writing something can be quite easy. I just need to remember not to overdo it as it can be quite exhausting!! I do intend to finish the novel and it would be nice if I could carry on as before until the end of December, but I am sure Christmas and all the things that go with it, will have something to say about that!!

I think the main areas I need to focus on at the moment are:
Forget Should and Ought. Just think 'I would like to...'
Concentrate on my self worth and not my achievement.
Express my needs. Remove distractions. Eliminate Negatives. Don't let your friends squander your time. Clear your life of things that stop you writing.
Set lower and more realistic standards.
Prioritise. Don't overload my timetable!
Take time out to exercise and relax.
Look towards the pleasure of success rather than the fear of failure.
Schedule time for writing and plan your life around this time.

And this should lead to a very Merry Christmas!!??

No comments: