Thursday 29 January 2009

Planning for January / February 2009

Although I have been totally exhausted over the last few weeks – a big birthday and pregnancy takes a lot out of a girl – I do feel I have done a fair bit with regards to my ‘writing’. By this I mean reading…….and I have had enough strength over the last few days (which I have not been working) to be able to take stock of what I have done and what needs doing to achieve my 3 goals for this year. I have decided NOT to enter the CWA Debut Dagger this year but think a few short story comps might ease me back in. Firstly however, I have a couple of poems I have tweaked which I am going to enter into a humorous poetry competition. This will achieve the goal ‘enter one competition a month’ for January.

I have also decided that while I am still working for the library services I am going to take advantage of one of the perks and try and borrow as many non-fiction books I have been wanting to read – and read them – before I leave at the end of February. I have already borrowed 4 books this year and have another 3 at the moment that I have ‘reserved’. I happen to know there is one waiting for me when I get back tomorrow……

No comments: