Sunday 23 January 2011

Poison Pens - January 2011

Had a productive meeting with the Poison Pens yesterday. Readings ranged from poems, plays, and short pieces, to extracts from a non-fiction project. We also discussed where members were with regard to their novels, other writing etc.

I took a piece I have been working on for a competition in Writing Magazine and was told I needed to Show Not Tell - obvious when it is pointed out!! I also took a poem I recently wrote about the joys of motherhood. I received some very useful comments on this as well. Not sure if I will do anything with the poem but its all good practice.

Came away with 3 writing books; kindly donated by Bryan as part of a Writers Library for the group, which I hope to read in the next week or so.

I am glad I have returned to the group and am making the effort to attend; even though it takes me nearly 40minutes to get to the Village Hall where we meet. I was shattered last night and was in bed shortly after Jamie, but it was worth it. I have felt invigorated today and have been planning what's next.....

No comments: