Saturday 1 January 2011

Summary of 2010 / Resolutions for 2011

In 2010 I entered 4 competitions; which does not sound a lot but I only really started getting into writing again in August so its a start and I am proud of what I have sent off.

I started following my http://theonlyconsequence.blogspot.com/2010/08/other-ways-to-express-your-creativity.html and have a little brown book which is full of little snippets of my life and ideas for future projects perhaps.

I was lucky enough to go back to work for the library services for 6months and was able to take advantage of the easy access to the books. I read 29 books: 22 non-fiction and 7 fiction. Unfortunately I have since been without a job for a further 6 months.

And I have returned to the Poison Pens - even sharing some of my work with them - and was lucky enough to attend a workshop led by Tim Wilson. I have also met regularly with Liz for a coffee which does wonders for my creativity.

Looking through my blog posts there have been far too many goals I have set myself that I have failed to complete. This year I am going to focus on the positive and simply report on my accomplishments. I am also going to try to reduce the To Do lists in order that I can focus on Writing itself..... This years resolutions therefore are the same as last year: http://theonlyconsequence.blogspot.com/2010/01/new-year-resolutions.html

Remember: You only have one life, and you really ought to live life as if you only had a few months left. Make time to do things that will add real value to your life - things that will make you feel like the person you want to be, the person you would like to be remembered when you die.

No comments: