Wednesday 9 March 2011

Ideas are everywhere....

Monday and Tuesday this week I found myself attending a two day Induction for my new job. I was less than looking forward to it, but took along my notebook and a copy of Writing Magazine in case there was chance for a quick read. As it turned out there were only 9 of us on the course so reading my magazine might have been noticed, but during lunch on the first day I made the effort to speak to some of my fellow attendees and was so glad I did!

Turned out that one of them was training to be an embalmer which, in itself, was fascinating but this lead to a conversation - at times quite humorous - about life and death, funerals and even hamsters testicles! I was so glad I had taken my notebook and in the afternoon session made copious notes - not about issues of Diversity as the instructor probably thought - but rather all the ideas I had collected in my lunch hour!

Just goes to show what a smile and 'Hello' can do!!

No comments: