Sunday 24 July 2011

Been On Our Holiday-pops

Had a fantastic week in Dorset and then Somerset with Jamie and Daddy and although the bed could have been less hard, I feel rather rested. I did take my writing 'work in progress' file but didn't have chance to look at it. I did however, fill in a few pages in my (new) notebook. Sat on the beach with my pen and paper while the boys were in the amusements, I initially felt a bit odd surrounded by families who probably wondered what I was doing and where my child was, but once I got over the self consciousness I wrote and wrote.....blog entries, poetry and even the start of a short story or novel. It felt great to just have some blank pages and a pen to fill them. My mind felt 'opened' and I even jotted down a number of ideas that came from somewhere in my forgotten past. Oh, and my 'To Do' list got a few additions as well!!

No comments: