Tuesday 5 July 2011

Book Recommendation

What with us all being ill – including the car - and then the car needing to have over £400 spent on it, I have been less than creative the last few weeks. Being sick or cleaning up sick can sap all the life out of you….

But I have had time; while lying on my back, to read The Anatomy of Ghosts by Andrew Taylor www.andrew-taylor.co.uk/ It is a beautiful book set in 1786 at Jerusalem College, Cambridge. Was it a ghost he saw or something else? There are some lovely descriptions and even a hint of romance. The only problem was that some of the passages were so well written I had to go back to read them again.

He had become as formless as the fog over the river.

It is strange how soon a life can collapse if the foundations are removed.

Somehow life had to continue. One could not allow the dead to act as a brake on the living.

I do not lightly ignore the ties of friendship. Why should we permit death to sever them?

I can see why it won the CWA Cartier Diamond Dagger in 2009.



No comments: