Saturday 7 January 2012

Local Poetry Group

Obviously I have been working hard on my new years resolutions for the workshop I am running on Tuesday. The main resolution I have is to concentrate on my poetry this year. To this end I have contacted a number of local poets and groups to ask about poetry meetings.

Although I love attending the Lindum Scribes and the Poison Pens, I find it a bit unfair that while someone who has written a chapter gets (shall we say) 20 minutes to read and discuss their piece, a poet only gets perhaps a third of that time. And it seems somehow rude to then ask to share another poem!! I am now aware of another writers group that meet in Newark and three poetry groups; two that meet in Lincoln and one that meets in Newark. I have pencilled in a couple of dates and hope to attend one or more meetings very soon.

No comments: