Monday 19 March 2012

I can make you smarter....??

Have just skim-red 'I can make you smarter' by Paul McKenna. I am afraid that, at the moment, I don't really have the time to practice what he preaches but I can see where he is coming from.

Intelligence is not something we are simply born with, it is more about how we view our own intelligence and of course practice, practice, practice.

He says; We have all been programmed to believe certain things about how smart we are, how smart it is good to be, and what we are and aren't capable of learning. These unconscious programs are like hypnotic suggestions, limiting our behaviour until they become self-fulfilling prophecies.

There are only 3 reasons people fail to learn new things - they are in an unproductive state of mind, they are using an ineffective strategy, or they give up too soon.

No comments: