Saturday 11 August 2012

More Competitions

Have today entered a couple of competitions.

Firstly, I sent my poem All The Shades Of Black to the Nottingham Open Poetry Competition, run by the Nottingham Poetry Society.  The entry form states the sole adjudicator is Neil Astley.  When I looked him up on the Internet I found that he is editor at Bloodaxe Books and edited one of the books that I have on my book shelf - Staying Alive (2002) which was a present from my poetry friend Liz.

Not really sure if I have any chance with this competition.  In the Introduction to Staying Alive, Neil says; 'The best contemporary poetry is life affirming and directly relevant to all our lives.'  He goes on to discuss 'important personal connections.'

The second competition I have entered is the Hysteria 2012 Poetry Writing Competition.  This is a competition open to women only.  Poems are to be 15 lines maximum.  Luckily they accept entries which have been previously published.  I therefore decided to enter Drunk on Love http://theonlyconsequence.blogspot.co.uk/2011/08/drunk-on-love.html

Judges for this competition are Meaghan Delahunt and Anne Orchard.

No comments: