Sunday 22 September 2013

The More You Do.....?

Met an old school friend a few weeks ago who I have not seen in a while.  We were both at a HR training day.

I asked how she was getting on and could not believe all the pies she seems to have her fingers in; school governor, brownies, theatre. Both her and her hubby.

I asked her where she got the energy from.  She replied that she didn't do Facebook and hardly watched the TV any more.

She reminded me that in the past I have found that the more you do, the more you do!!

This has been emphasised this weekend as I have had the tail end of an awful cold.  It is so much easier to roll over and do nothing.  Its so easy to use the excuse; I haven't got the Strength / Energy / Time, but the first step is the hardest.

Seeing her has reminded me to get on with it.  I have been feeling slovenly lately and must start exercising again before my body truly gives up!

And now that Jamie is at school, its time to get back into a routine which includes time for myself, my writing and my photography!

No comments: