Sunday 8 December 2013

Rule Number Three: Don't Let Christmas Sneak Up On You....

Feeling a bit overwhelmed today.   I seem to have let my list slip this week and as I sit at the table, I am not sure where the list actually is at the moment.  This is because I find myself surrounded by Christmas cards and 'stuff'.

So, Rule Number Three must be; When you are writing any 'To Do' list, take account of any other events happening within your time frame.

If writing your 'To Do' list in December, don't forget you have Christmas presents to buy and wrap, cards to write, decorations to put up.........In the rest of the year remember birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, holidays and other commitments. 

These will all take up time.  Time that you won't have for your list!!

Ensure you write your list with your diary for that time frame in front of you, and consider how much of your precious time may be taken up with these other commitments. 

It might be at this stage that you can think how you might reduce the impact of these commitments.  Can you delegate any of the tasks that need to be done (that aren't on your To Do list).   Isn't it about time your other half bought the presents or at least wrapped them all?   Or instead of wasting hours tramping around the shops, see what you can buy on line?  Do you really need to send (and write) that many cards?  Will an email do that you can write once and send to lots of friends?

Excuse me while I finish writing my Christmas cards.......Hubby has been 'volunteered' to wrap the presents.  They might not be up to my standard, but its time I can use for another job!!

No comments: