Saturday 28 December 2013

What Does No Excuses Actually Mean in 2014?

When I started this blog in October 2007 I had a dream of being a writer.  I think I thought that while I wasn’t working I would write a book, get it published and live happily ever after....

We can all but dream...

But I think that is what this blog (or at least the writing of it for me) has emphasised.  We must each give ourselves the time to dream and where possible take steps towards our dreams.

My dream at the start was to be a writer.  Since then I have become a mother.  This changes so much of you.  In fact, it makes you a totally different person to the one before.  I have often compared it to walking through a door that you can never go back through. 

Would I have succeeded as a writer if I had not been a mother?  Who knows?
 
However, this year I intend to continue to write both my blogs; one on the trials and jubilation's of being a writer, and the other documenting the wonderful journey of motherhood. 

Since having my son in 2009 I constantly look for effective organisational and time management strategies, as well as tips on saving money and being the perfect housewife.  My son has taught me that time is precious.  He inspires me to keep asking questions, and to look for the fun in everything, He reminds me that any opportunity for creativity must be grabbed with both hands and to reach for the stars whenever possible.

No comments: