Sunday 12 January 2014

Boudoir Photography....

Sorry.  No pictures.  But one of my dear friends (who shall remain nameless) asked me if I would take some pictures of her, in order that an artist www.pippaelton.co.uk/ could do a drawing of her.  This would be for her husband as a surprise present for their 25th wedding anniversary.

She sent me a couple of photos of what she was looking for, and I asked some of the Shutter Chimps / Imps for some pointers.  In  preparation, I got a number of books from the library, read up on taking portraits and finally invested in a reflector.  I was glad I got the reflector as we took the photos in her bedroom and, due to the wallpaper and the fact it was a January afternoon, the light was less than perfect.

Once over the initial embarrassment of taking naked pictures of my friend, I really began to get into the art of the process.  It was amazing how, just by moving a leg or an arm, or a change of expression or slight movement, the whole shot could change.   The pictures / poses we had looked at to begin with, didn't quite work, but we soon found a pose that my friend was comfortable with, and that she looked good in!   The more pictures I took, the better I felt I got.  Practise certainly made perfect!

Following advice, I took loads of photos (189).  I shot them all in AP and in monochrome.   And concentrated on my friends eyes..... 

My friend sent a couple of shots that she liked best to the artist.  The artist said the light and photo was beautiful, so, as my friend said, a pat on the back!

No comments: