Friday 12 September 2014

No Excuses? Pah!

The biggest excuse I have had lately is the school holidays..... 

Once again, I found myself with a new job as the holidays started.  This means when I am not at work I have been looking after Jamie.  I have had a few hours to myself at weekends and in the evenings when Daddy has been around, but unfortunately these precious hours have been used to ensure the house doesn't burn down / we get our bills paid / we can see through all the clutter and muck!  You get the drift.....

During the hols though, I am pleased to say that I did get some photography in and got to read some (non fiction) books and magazines - so I don't feel it was entirely wasted!   Especially as I know Jamie had a fantastic holiday; went to loads of places and had lots of play dates.  And after all, it really is about Jamie at the moment.

Once the holidays were over, I did have another job interview.  However, this was for a full time position - term time only!  Initially, I thought this would be a great idea - having all the holidays off and not having to worry about childcare.  But of course, I would need to worry about child care when he was a school instead.  Both Daddy and I agreed that we didn't want to put Jamie into Breakfast Club every morning and after school a few nights a week - and have to rely on others to pick him up!

So I have decided to stay with my current job.  I have been there 8 weeks now and feel I am beginning to get the hang of it!  I still make mistakes but hoping to be up to speed when I do a full week in October.  Other than that week, I will continue to do 20 hours a week with time to myself on a Friday.

Today has been my first Friday on my own for about two months and I am pleased to say I have been using my time well - plotting and planning....

No comments: