Monday 5 November 2007

Bonfire Party 2007

Sunday morning I was up early and off to the shops to get some extra stuff for our little party Sunday evening. Came back and was all alone, the shopping had been done, the house was ready for the party, and so I sat down and started to plan out a plot structure and the order of events in the novel. And then it happened. I simply dived in and just went for it!!

All the preparation and planning, that I had been panicking about not doing, actually went out of the window, and I simply began to write. Ideas came to me as I typed (still with a sore finger) and I just went with them.

All this time I think I had been waiting for someone to push me in.
Perhaps I was scared of starting the challenge; of starting something so large, scared of writing something terrible, scared of what others might think. But I have told so many people; in the flesh, via my blog and FaceBook, it will be embarassing if I don’t complete the challenge.
But I have started now and I don’t intend to stop until have reached the magic 50,000.

OK, so I did not complete the necessary 6664 word count for Sunday evening, but it is a start. I actually wrote 2088words between 12 noon and 3.30pm (3 and a half hours = 2000 words). This consisted of 2 full pages. I only stopped when my guests began to arrive…

Bring it on!!

PS The party was Fab!! We didn't invite as many as last year, but I am a firm believer in Quality Not Quantity.....(and that will probably be my major stumbling block with the NaNoWrite Challenge!)

No comments: