Thursday 10 April 2008

Writing As Therapy

Recently read The NLP Coach by Ian McDermott and Wendy Jago, Piatkus(2001) which was basically a positive thinking manual with longer words, but it did have some interesting things to say which can be related to writing:

Once you stop thinking of yourself, your potential and your ways of operating as fixed, and begin to treat them as processes, change becomes just another adjustment you can make.

Good habits can be created one day at a time. Any pattern consists of repetition.

The book; as well as other things that have been going on in my life, have made me realise that I have been avoiding writing lately because I am avoiding my own feelings. A lot of my novel is based on my own experiences and avoiding the writing is simply avoiding contact with my emotions. I have read elsewhere about Writing As Therapy and I want to try to embrace this in the coming week. Lets see what happens......

No comments: