Sunday 15 February 2009

Baby Business...

Nothing more to be said other than this seems to have been a week full of baby stuff rather than writing stuff. I have been visiting new babies, waiting for news of babies being born and there was the dreaded bloods appointment with the midwife for me which was less than pleasant.

One side effect of the baby business (I am currently 28weeks) is that I have gone all 'nest building' this week and as my study/spare room is going to have to be the nursery - at least temporarily - I have had chance to go through all my books; both fiction and non-fiction. Some have been moved to pride of place in the lounge, some have been shifted into the loft. A few remain in the room on my 'writing' bookshelf and then of course there have been a number consigned to the charity box.... It actually feels very good to know I have streamlined them.

During all this I did have chance to read another non-fiction book; Life's too f***ing short by Janet Street Porter (2008), which I thoroughly enjoyed. I also managed to request details about the MA in Creative Writing at Lincoln University which will have to wait til next year (at least!) I suspect. It looks like they expect approx. 20hours a week for reading/writing/study. The information they sent showed that I will have to start reading wider than a few crime novels. The reading list is massive and obviously contains a lot of literary titles - back to A Level English I think!! But first, back to the sorting......

No comments: