Saturday 28 February 2009

Maternity Leave has started....

....will I get chance to do any (real) writing before the baby comes in 69 days time?

My last week I actually had to ring in sick on one day due to a bad back. Consequently, most of the week was spent in bed reading; The Killing Kind by John Connolly, which I quite enjoyed. I have seen him at WaterStones and bought (and tried unsuccessfully to read) Book of Lost Things.

Feel bad that March has arrived and I did not complete my goal for February of entering one competition. However, I have maintained both my blogs.......and done a load of decluttering. I also feel bad because it has been a while since I have attended a meeting of the Poison Pens. The next one is the 14th March so - body and mind willing - I am going to try my best to attend and take something with me!!

Finished my Jan/Feb/March copy of MsLexia and started a short story book but gave up after 3/4 stories as I didn't like them - a bit too graphic for me! MsLexia is certainly very different to anything I currently read on the subject of 'writing'. The 'new writing' section is certainly more literary than that which you find in Writing Magazine; although that is not to say I liked (or understood) all of it - especially the poetry!! Writing Magazine is due in the next few days and it only seems 5 minutes since the last one arrived - and so the circle starts over......

1 comment:

Race said...

Don't feel bad about not making your goals. I usually do not. :D

I say too much.