Saturday 28 August 2010

I am so proud of myself...

So proud, I even made an announcement on FaceBook; Joanne is is proud of herself. She has started writing again. I have followed the advice given in the last entry and yesterday wrote 5(yes 5) 10 word stories to describe things that happened in my day. I also wrote 2 Tanka's; which are longer Haiku's with a pattern of 5 7 5 7 7 syllables as opposed to 5 7 5 for a Writing Magazine www.writingmagazine.co.uk competition and I have just entered 3 stories into the Arvon Foundation Six Word Story competition www.arvonfoundation.org/p225.html. The competition is based on the literary fact that Ernest Hemingway said that his best piece of writing was a six word story - 'For sale: baby shoes. Never worn.' Lets see if I can keep the momentum going....

No comments: