Sunday 10 October 2010

Mental Agility...

Since having Jamie I often worry that I have 'Baby Brain' and sometimes even worry I have early onset Alzheimer's! I think (this is my theory) its just the strain of having to remember to do so many things - not just for Jamie but for me, daddy and the house as well!

Recently however, I was really interested to see the experiment run by the BBC where six celebrities took part in an experiment to explore the prevention of ageing. www.bbc.co.uk/tv/features/theyoungones/

What the programme showed was that - once again - it is all in our minds. How we see ourselves has an effect on how we act and how we age. If we think we are younger, our bodies and our brains will act younger. We just must believe we can do things! It was sad to see that people making the assumption that an older person needed help, actually led to them becoming dependent; they began to expect help and did not try! Its all about having a youthful mindset and taking control of your own life. As Liz Smith put it; 'We need moments in our life where we can come alive'. In other words as M.Scott Peck says in The Road Less Travelled 'Your destiny is in your own hands.' www.mscottpeck.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw that programme - been thinking about it ever since. Inspirational.

M.