Tuesday 3 May 2011

Bank Holidays

Has been great the last week or so having some extra time to play with. I decided against entering the competition for which I had been writing the New Beginnings poem. Two reasons 1) I thought the prize was a free place at the writing festival but that was only for the winners of the short story or the writing for children competitions, and 2) I felt it had all been written before. I have printed off what I have done and intend to come back to it at a later date. I had wanted to weave the experience of the Psychic Supper into the poem so I might go back to the notes I made that night and see if something else comes out...

Thankfully I have started using my NetBook more, but it is still difficult to use when Jamie is around as he wants to 'play'. Now that Jamie is two I am aware of the need to keep him occupied and stimulated and I do feel a bit guilty if I start writing when he is about. This week I am going to try to write after I have put him to bed. The trouble is, Jamie thinks his bed is the one mummy and daddy share so this may be more difficult than it sounds!!

No comments: