Thursday 26 May 2011

A Day for Writing

As I said, I had set aside yesterday for writing. As the day approached it spurred me on to get everything ready for the day so I could just write. In fact, Tuesday night after Jamie had gone to sleep I cleaned both the bathrooms and the front room, so that I would not be tempted to do them before I started writing! At nursery I was given a letter that could have taken up all my morning, but I simply put it to one side and left it until daddy got back.

Did I accomplish anything? YES. I was very proud of myself as I wrote nearly 2000 words, as well as fleshed out a lot of the plotline of the novel and analysed 'What is Chick Lit?' For the first few minutes at my desk I felt overwhelmed with the task in front of me! I had intended to spend most of the morning plotting and asking questions, but I found this quite difficult to start with, so I started to write one of the key scenes in the book. This made me think differently about things and ideas popped into my head as I wrote. OK, so I did visit Facebook a couple of times, but one was to try and find a name for my hero (didn't get it from FB but had a couple of suggestions). After lunch I had given myself back ache with all that sitting at the table, so I lay on the sofa and finished reading my latest edition of Mslexia. I also started watching a couple of things I had on SkyPlus but decided my writing time was too precious and so deleted them. I did however, reward myself with an evening of TV once Jamie was asleep.

Talking of Jamie, I did feel a bit guilty (and distracted) knowing he was at nursery and I was at home writing, but it also felt good to know I had accomplished something for myself.

No comments: