Friday 30 December 2011

Kick Start Your Writing Year Workshop

As I said in November (http://theonlyconsequence.blogspot.com/2011/11/workshop-planning.html) on the 10th January 2012 I have volunteered to run a workshop at The Lindum Scribes (www.lindumscribes.org/) entitled 'Kick Start Your Writing Year'.

Preparing the workshop has been very good for me as it has helped me focus on my plans and resolutions for the new year. I have decided to focus on my poetry this year and as such my resolutions revolve around poetry. While planning the workshop I have re-discovered the many books I have on my shelves and I intend to read and re-read as many as possible this year. I have also treated myself to a book that I have seen on a number of reading lists: 52 Ways of Looking at a Poem by Ruth Padel and a collection of poetry by Carol Ann Duffy: The Bees. I just need to find time to read them all. This is the main focus of my workshop so hopefully all the members - including me - will find more time for writing in 2012!

I have this week sent out the two exercises that I want members to complete before the night.
I have also sent them my attempts!

No comments: