Wednesday 10 October 2012

The Coffin Was Empty....

Had a really good meeting of the Lindum Scribes last night, which (just about) made up for missing the Pimento Poets meeting on Monday.

It was a shame that two of the committee were unable to make it because of illness, but Fred did a grand job keeping the meeting running smoothly.  I was only mildly wound up by the usual (older) member deviating from the subject (of writing) and managed to hold my own when she jumped to a rather large conclusion that was far from reality!!

I was also happy that the group agreed to cut back on the number of guest speakers in the coming year and to simply concentrate on writing meetings.  I had previously sent an email to the effect that if we are a writing group, shouldn't we be writing? And it seems I was not the only one with this thought.  The group did agreed that in the months where we do have a speaker, we will have an extra 'writing' meeting.

For those that had not come with anything to share, the Chairman had sent a list of Halloween related writing prompts for people to use during the coffee break.  I had taken a 'work in progress' poem, which seemed to go down well and we were all surprised at the amount of 'empty coffins' lying around...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks a ton for stating your opinions. Being a writer, I am always in need of unique and different solutions to think about a topic. I actually uncover fantastic creativity in doing this. Many thanks