Friday 12 April 2013

Shutter Chimps Meeting

As part of Lincoln Inspired www.lincolninspired.co.uk/ I have been able to get the Shutter Chimps involved.  The ShutterChimps are a Lincoln based photography group that I joined before Christmas.  The group has its own members only facebook page which has been an inspiration over the past few months and has really helped me with my own photography.  As it was myself who introduced the Chimps to the organisers of Lincoln Inspired, I thought I had better make their meeting.  So, with drugs in bag and note pad at the ready I introduced Sara and Chris from Inspired to the Chimps.....

Initially, as the Chimps had organised their exhibition http://shutterchimps.weebly.com/exhibition-info.html with the theme of ‘A Sense of Lincolnshire Life and Places’, I forwarded this information onto the Inspired team and they offered the Chimps a space in the Inspired programme.  Following this, it was suggested that some of the Chimps might like to be interested in taking pictures during the festival.  This was the main reason for attending the Chimps meeting - to explain what would be required.

The meeting went well.  Sara and Chris were very interested in the photographs taken by the Chimps, and many of the Chimps who made the meeting seemed very interested in getting involved.  What is now required is a list of events and a photographer to volunteer for each one.  Perhaps I might even take a few photographs!!

No comments: