Tuesday 8 January 2013

Another email

Received another lovely email from Alma who attends the group I call The Poison Pens:
 
HI Jo,
Happy New Year to you too.  What a start!  Congratulations, a very professional piece, full of enthusiasm and good advice.  I hope you will continue to enter at least one competition or submit one article a month.  Years ago, the very kind editor of She magazine - long before it was revamped - advised me that 'in this game, perseverance is all.'  I too am going to try to complete and submit something somewhere every month but my New Year will have to begin in February because of the backlog of tasks/obligations to be dealt with.  I only managed to write two pieces this last year. Shame! (Retirement is unfortunately not only sand, sea and sangria but quite a lot of hard work.) I sold one but will have to work on the rejected one. Can I ask you - did they pay you? Very sorry we won't see you at Ancaster. Keep up the blogging, the practice and discipline must be helping.

No comments: