Sunday 6 January 2013

Email from Karen Maitland

Following publication of my article in Writing Magazine (February 2013) I sent an email to all my writing contacts wishing them a Happy New Year and of course mentioning the article!

I received this lovely email back from www.karenmaitland.com/  author of the medieval thrillers Company of Liars, The Owl Killers and The Gallows Curse, and one time creative writing tutor of Joanne Borrill.
 
Dear Joanne,
Many, many congratulations on your brilliant article in Writing Magazine. My copy just arrived in the post today, so I turned to your article first while I was eating lunch. Really excellent advice and I will certainly be trying to apply it. I loved the idea of writing the author blurb as you would like it to be and setting out the steps to achieve it, also the setting of SMART goals. I think I'm often one of those people that pours all the water and sand into the jar first in the mistaken belief that if I get the small tasks out of the way then I can concentrate. Such a mistake. I'm sure your piece will inspire a lot of readers like me. Thank you for writing it.

No comments: