Monday 24 February 2014

Rule Number Nine: Don't Push Yourself Too Hard

As well as monitoring how I have been doing with my To Do list, I have also been monitoring the reasons why things aren't getting done! 

What are your distractions that are stopping you writing?

Over the weekend I had terrible wrist ache.  So I decided the only thing I could do was to read.  I have been neglecting my magazine pile and to read one of the magazines gave me ideas for future pitches and of ideas to research.

Monday, I had a terrible headache and kept pushing myself.  Consequently, I felt even worse Tuesday.  I should have listened to my body and had a rest.

Rule number 8 said to treat writing like a job.  Aren't there Health and Safety issues with every job?  We are always being told to take a break.  We must remember to do this in our home lives as well as our paid, working life..

Remember to take time to Relax.  Look after yourself.

Take a break.  If lucky enough to have a days writing, ensure you still have a lunch break away from the computer.  Rest your eyes - and your brain - and after lunch you will come back feeling stronger and fitter.

No comments: